The Induction of the Fried Pickle Society

Here ye, Here ye, Come One, Come All!

On this 30th day of March, in the year of our Lord, 2010, I present to you a forum for those who seek the source of a most perfect, most pure, and most delicious example of the fine gustatory pleasure known as The Fried Pickle.

It is here that Inductees to the Fried Pickle Society shall post their most thoughtful appraisals of this Great American delicacy served by fine dining establishments throughout the United States. It is with the intent to form a curation of evaluations for other Fried Pickle enthusiasts to reference that we create this review.

And now, I bid you goodbye, and good luck in your pursuit of The Perfect Fried Pickle.



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Old Bag of Nails, Columbus Ohio

Old Bag of Nails, with several locations in the Columbus Metropolitan area, serves up some of the best examples of fried pickles that I have ever had the pleasure of tasting. The pickled cukes are sliced lengthwise, allowing for what I believe is the ideal balance between the sourness of the pickle and saltiness of the batter. The spears are generously dipped in thick beer batter and fried to golden perfection. I award four out of five stars to the Old Bag of Nails in Columbus, Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment